Written by: SHARMILEE J
Fruits Custard or fruits salad with custard is a very delicious dessert with the creamy texture of the custard and crunch of the fruits in between. This is very easy to make even at the last minute when guests arrive so here is my healthy dessert idea.
- Chop the fruits into cubes and keep it ready. Boil the milk , keep aside to let it cool.
- In a small bowl take 1/2 cup of milk, add custard powder mix it well without any lumps. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining milk, give it a boil then add the custard milk mixture, sugar and mix well. The mixture will start thickening so be very careful and keep stirring till a creamy consistency is formed. The custard will get thickened on refrigerating also so the consistency should be a bit runny.
- Switch off, cool down the custard for 5mins and then add the fruits and mix well. Your fruits custard is ready. Chill it for few mins then serve it.
- If your custard becomes thick, add little more milk.
- You can skip sugar and have it with the natural sweetness of the fruits.
- As I made this some 3months back I didnt get mangoes. Mangoes will sure give a nice flavour to the custard.
- Use fresh cut fruits and serve it fresh.