I love to try different recipes using pasta, have already tried Pasta in white sauce. Though pasta in white sauce is regular in our menu atleast once a month, this tomato pasta satisfies the craving for a spicy indian flavoured pasta and hubby loves all pasta savoury recipes so the experiment continues.....:)
- Grind the ingredients under 'to grind' to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water with salt to boil, then add the pasta and a tsp of oil. Cook for 10mins or until the pasta is soft yet firm enough to bite. Strain water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, then add the onions fry until slightly browned. Then add the grinded paste and fry for 5mins until raw smell of tomatoes totally leaves.
- Then add the tomato, pasta sauce and pepper, mix well, now the sauce is ready. Now add the cooked pasta and mix well until the sauce coats well with the pastas.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and serve hot.
- Take care while cooking the pasta not to make it mushy. It should be soft but still firm enough to bite.
- You can even use shell or disc type pasta.
- Add a tsp of oil while cooking pasta is to avoid the stickiness.
- You can also skip the pasta sauce and add garam masala to make it indian flavoured.
- Adding olive oil gives a nice flavour to the pastas but if you can use normal cooking oil also.
Pasta is my favourite for breakfast. It easy to whip up and filling for the morning dose.Though I have tried different pastas penne pasta is my personal favourite. I have tried few readymade pastas in maggi to and have adapted few recipes from them :)