Sweet Corn Soup Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Soup | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
American Sweet Corn Cob – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Oregano – a pinch
Water – 1/2 cup
Corn Flour – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Pressure cook the corn for 5-6 whistles or until soft with a cup of water. After the pressure releases, take the corn cobs and shred the kernels completely.Grind the corns kernels with 1/4 cup water to a thick paste. Reserve few for garnishing.Take a sauce pan add the corn paste, allow it to boil for 3mins. Add remaining 1/4 cup water.
- Then add milk, corn flour and mix well without any lumps(You can even dilute cornflour in water then add). Allow it to boil for 2 mins until the soup is thick. Switch off and add pepper powder and oregano.
Garnish with remaining corn kernels and serve hot with soup sticks or bread.
- Adding soya sauce gives a nice flavour to the soup, if you wish you can add 1/8 tsp, dont add more it will change the flavour and color of the soup. If you have vegetable stalk, add it instead of water.
- Adjust water according to the thick consistency of the soup.
- Spring onions / coriander leaves can also be added for garnishing.
- After adding corn flour the soup thickens faster so adjust water accordingly at this stage.