Paneer Jalfrezi is a quick and easy paneer recipe that can be made in a jiffy.Jalfrezi is a type of curry which is nothing but frying vegetables in oil and spices to produce a dry, thick sauce.
Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine went great too with my old friend meet up and family together times which I always look forward during weekends. Whenever guests arrive, the desserts and snacks section is always mine. This time I made veg pizza and carrot kheer, my friend asked whether the base was also homemade as it was very soft :)
- Heat oil, add jeera and allow it to splutter. Add onions and ginger garlic paste saute until slightly browned.
- Now add the tomato puree and saute until raw smell leaves, this may take atleast 5mins. Add turmeric, chilli, garam masala powder and tomato sauce. Add required salt.
- Then add carrot saute for 2mins then add 3 tbsp of water and keep covered to let it cook. When the carrot turns slightly soft yet crunchy to bite, add capsicum giving a quick stir.
- Add the paneer cubes and toss it well until the .paneer cubes are well coated with the gravy. Allow it to cook for 2mins then switch off.
- You can add any veggies of your choice, you add add corn, beans,cabbage - Its purely ur choice to go with the veggies.
- Chop all the veggies thin and lengthwise to get cooked soon and crunchy
- You can use readymade tomato puree also. I used freshly prepared homemade puree.
As still the apartment work has not yet finished, the waste wood keep piling off and on. So my latest hobby being going round the apartment in search of food props.I got this wooden board (which I have used in these pics) from one of these unwanted wood bins :) The only thing that embarasses me is when the watchman asks "why do u always dig in that dust?" And I dont bother saying him that "I want some wooden planks for a project" ;) And he says I am the one who cleans that place often reducing his work he he
Chop the veggies and paneer, you are done with this easy breezy side dish. This goes well with rotis, prathas and even rice with dhal which is my favourite combination. I love corn in jalfrezi but I didnt add the stock was over. And I am not used to use the frozen ones I went ahead with the veggies I had in hand.