It is one of the easy snack recipes that you can even make it in the last minute for packing kids snack box.These biscuits are quite addictive that I bet you can stop munching when you start them.Now am waiting for your feedback 🙂
Sweet Diamond Cuts Recipe – Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 mins | Makes : 3 cups
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Maida(All purpose flour) – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup minus 1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Baking(Cooking) Soda – 1/8 tsp(optional)
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Oil – to deep fry
- Take a clean dry mixer and powder sugar finely.In a mixing bowl add maida,powderd sugar,ghee,salt and mix well first.Then add water little by little.
- Add enough water and knead it to a soft pilable dough not too loose not too tight,Set aside for 15mins. Keand it again and divide the dough into equal parts(lemon sized balls).Take a portion and roll it into a thin circle.Dust flour as and when needed.Roll it as thin as possible.
- Using the cutter(you can use your pizza cutter or a simple knife too) cut first vertically then horizontally to form small diamonds.Carefully seperate them and make it ready.
- Heat oil and make it ready.To check if the oil is at the correct temperature, first pinch a tiny portion of dough,add it to oil if it raises to top immediately then oil is at the correct temperature…else heat the oil for few more seconds.Now gently gather the diamonds and drop in a sprinkled way,Cook in medium low flame – turn over for even cooking. Deep fry till golden brown and drain in tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
Cool down and store in an airtight container.
- Using baking soda is optional…baking soda avoids the hardness in the biscuits.
- You can use any roller knife / pizza cuter or even a simple knife to cut them into diamonds.
- Make sure you knead a soft pilable dough not too loose.If its too loose then add little maida to get a tight dough more like chapathi dough.While rolling dust maida to avoid sticking.
- You can use a metal spatula to seperate and gather the diamonds.
- As sugar is added in the dough, the biscuits gets brown faster so make sure to keep in medium low flame while fry.
- You can even use half and half of wheat and maida flour.
- You can even add a tiny pinch of cardamom powder or any mild essence for extra flavour.I love it plain.