South Indian Mixture Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Kara Boondi – 1 cup
Omapodi – 1 cup
Poha(Aval) – 1/4 cup
Gram Dhal(Potukadalai) – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 3 tbsp broken
Peanuts – a handful
Curry leaves – a handful
Red Chilli powder / Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Hing – as required
Salt – to taste
Other optional ingredients:
- I made boondi and ompodi a day ahead to save time. Make all the ingredients ready – Deep fry peanuts and curry leaves until crisp, drain in a tissue and set aside. Then fry poha, gram dhal each separately until crisp .You can add a pinch of salt , hing while frying but it is purely optional.
- Then fry the cashews. Drain the excess oil in a tissue, set aside.Take a newspaper transfer all the ingredients.
- Add red chilli powder / pepper powder and give a quick mix. Can you see who is helping me? :)) If you are adding ribbon pakoda, mullu murukku and thattai just crush them with your hands before adding. You can even transfer this to an airtight container and give a quick shake for it to mix evenly.
Your homemade south indian style flavourful mixture is ready!!
- There is no accurate measures for mixture recipe, its just plus or minus the ingredients as we would prefer so be generous in adding more whichever you like it.
- You can even crush garlic and fry it in oil and add it to the mixture for a garlic flavour.
- You can skip salt as well as all the fried items already has salt in it.
- You can additionally add cornflakes and other nuts too.
- If you like pepper flavour skip red chilli powder and add pepper.