Sweet Corn Rice – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmati Rice – 1/2 cup
Boiled Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Big onion – 1 small sized finely chopped
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Butter – 1/2 tbsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Bayleaf – 1
Cinnamon – 1/4 inch stick
Cloves – 2
Star Anise- 1/2
- Soak basmati rice for atleast 15mins then pressure cook with 2 cups of water for 3-4 whistles.Fluff the rice and set aside,Check this post for cooking fluffy basmati rice.In a pan(I used my pressure pan) heat oil + butter – add the items listed under ‘to temper’, let it splutter.
- Then add ginger garlic paste,saute for few mins then add onion and saute till transparent.Then add required salt,pepper powder and garam masala powder.Fry well.
- Then take boiled sweet corn, add it and saute for 2mins.Then add cooked rice and cook covered for 3mins in low flame.
- Toss well, garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve hot / warm!
- Soaking rice helps in cooking faster and gives a nice fluffy texture.
- I used my ultra pressure pan to cook.You ca use nonstick pan or any heavy bottomed pan.
- Take care to add the spice powders only after the raw smell of onion gg paste leaves.
- This rice is very mild and less spicy.You can play with spice as you prefer.
- If you are making it for kids then add the tempering spices(except jeera) while cooking rice, once cooked discard the spices.
- You can use frozen corn too, I used fresh corn here.
- You can also make this with leftover rice.