Sukku Coffee Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
For making sukku coffee powder:
Dried Ginger powder – 1/2 cup
Coriander Seeds – 1/4 cup
Pepper corns – 1/2 tsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
For making sukku coffee:
Water – 2 cups
Sukku coffee powder – 2 tsp
Crystallised palm sugar(Panankalkandu) – 1 tsp
Jaggery – 1 tsp(optional)
- Dry roast coriander seeds till golden brown.Then dry roast jeera and pepper till nice aroma rises,set aside.Cool down completely.
- Grind it to a fine powder(as fine as possible).Mix this with the mentioned amount of dried ginger powder.
- Mix well then sieve it (for even mixing).Eliminate the dusty part.Now your homemade sukku coffee powder is ready to use.Store in airtight container.Boil water, add homemade sukku coffee powder, give a quick stir.
- Add jaggery,crystallised palm sugar and mix well.Allow it to boil for 3-5 mins. Then strain through metal strainer and serve hot.
Serve hot with a generous serving of ghee, heaven I say 🙂
- If you feel its is little spicy, then add 3/4 tsp for each cup.
- Usually sukku coffee is made only with water, but if you prefer you can have it with half and half milk, water.
- You can store the homemade sukku coffee powder upto 2-3 months.
- Actually they use palm sugar(karupatti) for sukku coffee. I dont have it so have used the substitute for it as it works well.