Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Strawberry Mousse is a very quick dessert that you can make when strawberries are in season and this is eggless strawberry mousse and am sure most of you will love it.Now I see most of the fruit shops loaded with strawberries, I thought to try few recipes with this fruit.I had leftover freshcream so thought to use it up before the expiry so made this eggless strawberry mousse.As mittu loves strawberries in desserts it was a added bonus for me to try this.I just made this for her and hubby, and I sat down seeing them enjoy it.This is a very easy no cook versions, I referred few recipes in google and got an idea, then made it.
Eggless Strawberry Mousse Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Fresh Cream – 1/2 cup(100 gms)
Strawberries – 6 whole
Sugar – 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Now take fresh cream in a bowl and start whipping with handmixer.Whip till soft peaks form as shown.This is the right stage, don’t whip it more, then it will end up in butter.
- Rinse strawberries well, trim off the leaf part.Then chop strawberries roughly and add it to blender along with 1 tbsp sugar and blend it to a puree.Now reserve little puree and add the rest to the whipped cream.
- Whisk it well until the strawberry puree is well blended.Add 1 tbsp powdered sugar and whisk it well.Now in the serving glass add a tbsp of reserved strawberry puree.
- Then add the mousse till the rim of the glass.Garnish with chopped strawberry and refrigerate it atleast for an hour.
- I had powdered sugar so used it.You can use normal sugar itself.
- I added little sugar in the cream mixture too but that is optional.
- If you like you can add few strawberry chunks in the mousse.
- I just set it for 30mins and then clicked the pictures, if you set it for an hour or more the texture would be slightly thick.
- Adjust sugar as per the tanginess of the fruit.
- I used Nilgiris Fresh Cream which was 200 gms, so measured half of it(100 gms) for this recipe.
- I am really not sure whether hand whisk can be used to whip fresh cream but with what I heard from my friends, it will take time in handwhisk to achieve soft peak consistency.
- Let it to set atleast for an hour and then dig in.