Kara pori recipe an easy and guilt free snack for tea time.Kara pori or spicy puffed rice snack is my childhood favorite especially during the rainy season. I always love spicy crispy snacks during winters,that compensates for the chillness.
This puffed rice snack is guiltfree and sure better than the packed chips and other junks.You can make in bulk and store it.
Just back from the trip to CBE,had a funfilled week with family, relatives and friends. I was not accessible to net for these days though mobile browsing now and then was a different story 😉 Hope all is fine with you as well……Mittu enjoyed the journey and the trip…she was so excited in the train that she didnt sleep half of the night making me take her walks in the train. I wonder how kids easily grab everyones attention.Be it the lady in the Krishna sweets offering her a sweet and another sweet when said thanks or be it the friends she made in the hotel within the short time 🙂 She was called ‘friendly kiddo’ by everyone whom she met for the first time….exactly opposite the way I was during my childhood days.
How to make kara pori recipe
Kara Pori Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Puffed Rice / Pori – 2 cups
Peanuts – 1/4 cup
Fried gram(Pottukadalai) – 3 tbsp
Curry leaves – 15
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Hing – a generous pinch
Garlic pods – 4 nos
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – as per taste
- In a wide bottomed pan, heat oil – Add garlic fry for a minute then add curry leaves, add fried gram dal.
- Then add peanuts, fry until golden.Then add red chilli powder,turmeric powder salt and hing.
- Mix well.Now add pori and toss it until its coated well.
Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container.Crunchy guilt free snack ready in minutes!
- Fry it in low flame or medium else it will get burnt.
- Mix well or toss it for even coating of spices.
- The measures are purely your choice, if you like peanuts more then add it more.Feel free to plus or minus the ingredients of your choice.