These puddings are not easy to make, it tastes delicious perfect to serve for kids too.
Mittu loves it so much and am waiting for her be back from school to taste it 🙂
Rose China Grass Pudding Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Milk – 1 and 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Rose Syrup – 1 tbsp
Agar Agar(China Grass) – 5gms
- Take 1 and 1/2 cups of milk in a pan,boil it.Simmer for 5 mins.
- Switch off, add sugar and let is dissolve completely, mix with a spatula.Let it cool down.
- Add rose syrup,mix well.Set aside.Now take china grass in a pan(I cut them into small strips).
- Rinse it with water once, then add water till immersing level.
- Heat it up in sim,cook until its completely dissolved.Strain this into the pan containing rose milk.Mix with a spoon to speed up the straining process.
- Mix it quickly.Pour it in the tray/bowl where you want to set.Do not delay as it will start setting quickly.
- Leave it undisturbed for 30mins.No need to keep in fridge it will set well in room temperature itself.Once set you can leave it in the fridge until serving time.Cut into squares.
Serve chilled with a sprinkle of color sprinklers,looks cute and tastes great too.
You can eat it as such or use it in any desserts ,custard based puddings or cakes.mittu loved to have it as such.
- Agar Agar sets beautifully in room temperature itself.But if you want you can refrigerate it.
- You can even set it in individual cups and serve it as such.
- I used Nilgiris brand china grass.
- My rose syrup was already sweet so 1/4 cup sugar was just right.
- Be quick after agar agar mixture is poured,whisk it well then immediately pour to set.
- You can use any flavour following this method.You can even add fruit purees.