This Rocky Road Bars are no bake and just takes few minutes to put together but the end result will be so delicious…yes after all its chocolate heaven with the biscuits crunch and chewy marshmallows it is tough to say no to it.I tried this rocky road bars recipe is from Nigella’s website and they turned out so good.
I bought marshmallows for trying few christmas recipes and as a big chunky bar of chocolate was lying as such so wanted to use it up soon so was browsing for recipes and this rocky road crunch bars were apt to try.
Add in chopped nuts,raisins,tutti frutti or some sprinklers,choco chips…the variations are endless!
Enjoy it chilled!
Christmas Rocky Road Crunch Bars Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
Dark Chocolate – 200 gms(roughly about 2 cups chopped)
Butter – 75 gms(4 tbsp)
Honey – 1/8 cup(30 ml)
Marshmallows – 50 gms(1 cup loosely packed)
Tea Biscuits* – 100 gms(about 1 cup crushed)(
- Chop cooking chocolate,measure all the ingredients and get ready.First take biscuits in a ziplock bag and crush it using a rolling pin.Do not powder it,just crush we need bits and pieces.
- Take butter and cooking chocolate in a pan,add honey to it.
- Cook in low heat,it starts to melt down,keep mixing.
- See how smooth it is,this is the right consistency now add marshmallows.
- If you have mini marshmallows add it as such else chop it roughly then add.Give a quick mix(do not over mix) then add crushed cookies.
- Mix well.I crushed few marshmallows and added at the final stage(Check my notes).Now transfer this mixture to a foil wrapped tin.
- Pat it tightly with the spatula and freeze for 2-3 hrs.By now you can neatly take out the bar.Now cut.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!
Keep refirgerated until serving time.
Keep refrigerated until serving time and serve chilled!!
- There can be many variations, you can add chopped nuts,tutti frutti etc.
- I used dark chocolate which was semi sweet, you can use normal cooking chocolate too.
- Do not overcook mainly after marshmallows is added, if you cook more then marshmallow will melt down making it sticky, we need chuny pieces so just mix and crushed cookies immediately.
- The only regret is I added the marshmallows as such and it was slightly bigger,later realised so took out few before mixing,chopped and added it in step 6.So my bars had chunky pieces nevertheless they were so delicious.
- So if your marshmallows are big,chop them into small pieces then add it.