Prunes Juice is a quick and refreshing juice for all seasons. Prunes Juice is one of the quick chilled drinks you can make in no time. Let’s get on to learn easy Prunes Juice Recipe with step by step pictures and video.
Prunes Juice is a very refreshing and healthy drink you can serve anytime of the day. This is a great juice if you are looking to maintain diet and stay healthy.
About Prunes Juice
A prune is nothing but dried plums. Prunes Juice is actually made from fresh European Plums but as it is not easily available in India I chose to use dried plums for making this juice. Though it cannot match the taste of fresh prunes it still tasted good. I added a dash of sugar to make a balance of the tangy taste.
Prunes Juice is a tangy cola coloured drink made by blending softened prunes with sugar & water. Prunes Juice will be liked by people who does not prefer too much sweetened drink & who love tangy & sour punch. Prunes Juice is an anytime drink and could be bottled & refrigerated for sipping it throughout the day. Prunes Juice is the tastiest form of eating Prunes without losing its medicinal properties.
Why Prunes Juice?
- Prunes Juice is a refreshing drink, a nutritional drink & a medicine.
- Prunes Juice is rich in vitamins, fiber and antioxidants which help to maintain good health.
- The fiber in prunes juice helps digestive system work by relieving constipation & preventing liver diseases. Vitamin C improves the immune system, potassium in reducing hypertension and lowering the cholesterol level.
Prunes Juice Consistency
Prunes Juice can be made slightly thick or thin as per your preference. Adjust water according to the consistency you like. Usually dried prunes when soaked and blended gives a thick creamy texture so add water according to the consistency you like.
More Juice Recipes
Prunes Juice Ingredients
- Dried Prunes – Dried prunes is easily available in supermarkets. If you have access to fresh plums you can use it.
- Sugar – Sugar is optional but I would recommend adding it a bit for balance.
- Water – Water is added to make prunes juice slightly thin.
If you have any more questions about this Prunes Juice Recipe do mail me at [email protected]. In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Prunes Juice Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
Prunes Juice Recipe
- 1 + 1/2 cups water
- 5 nos prunes
- 1 tsp sugar
- Soak dried prunes in 1/2 cup warm water. Soak for 30 mins.
- Add soaked prunes with water to mixer jar.
- Add 1 cup water to it.
- Add sugar to it. Blend until smooth.
- Add juice to strainer. Use a ladle to extract juice completely. Press well with laddle to extract juice.
- Serve prunes juice as such or chill it and serve.
- Adjust sugar according to taste as prunes is tangy.
Prunes Juice Step by Step
1.Soak dried prunes in 1/2 cup warm water.
2.Soak for 30 mins.
3.Add soaked prunes with water to mixer jar.
4.Add 1 cup water to it.
5.Add sugar to it.
6.Blend until smooth.
7.Add juice to strainer.
8.Use a laddle to extract juice completely.
9.Press well with laddle to extract juice.
10.Serve prunes juice as such or chill it and serve.
Prunes Juice ready. Serve Prunes Juice chilled!
- You can use fresh plums if you have. If using fresh plums no need to soak just add it and blend it along with water.
- Add lemon juice if you like a more tangy flavour.
- Add 2 cups of water if you like your juice more runny.
Storing & Serving Suggestion
I would suggest to serve Prunes Juice fresh as it tastes the best. You can serve it chilled or add icecubes and serve too.
Apart from making a plain juice with Prunes, it can be enjoyed with different variations
- Mix with Soda to have fizz.
- Mix with Dates & Honey to make it healthier & sweeter.
- Mix with Litchi to get sweet & tangy taste.
- Give a zingy lemon flavour with addition of lemon extract.
- You can crush mint leaves and add it for flavour.
- Add lemon juice if you like it more tangy.
- You can be creative and add in your own flavours. You can sprinkle a pinch of black salt and chat masala powder for that extra zing.
1.What is Prunes Juice?
Prunes Juice is made by soaking dried prunes in water for few mins then blending it along with required water and sugar. Serve chilled or as you like it.
2.What are the benefits of drinking Prunes Juice?
Prunes juice has a lot of dietary fiber so helps to relieve from constipation. It helps in good digestion and regulating bowel movements.
3.When can I drink Prunes Juice?
You can drink prunes juice anytime of the day preferably after morning breakfast or midday. If you are used to such juices at night then you can have prunes juice too.
Hi, What would be the prunes /water ratio if using a whole bag of prunes?
16 oz prunes
pls adjust servings to see measures accordingly
Wow this is great and better than store bought prune juice. Thanks!’