Often when I plan to try new dishes there always runs so many behind thoughts as and how it will taste as I am a person who stick to the comfort zone yes always when it comes to food. So even after googling and settling down with Sanjeev Kapoors recipe I was like will the pulao taste like rice mixed with pav bhaji masala?! yes thats me 🙂 But the recipe proved me wrong as it is a total unique variation to the usual pulao and we totally loved the combo with onion raita.
2.Fry till slightly browned, Then add tomato and saute till mushy and raw smell leaves.
3.Then add capsicum and saute for a minute without losing the crunchness.Add red chilli powder , garam masala powder and pav bhaji masala powder and saute till the spice powder is well blended with the veggies.
- Adding garam masala is my choice, you can just skip it too.
- Make sure the veggies dont lose its crunchnesss which is the speciality of this pulao.
- Onion raita is the best combination for this tawa pulao, but you can serve it with cucumber raita too.
- The veggies can be pressure cooked in advance else you can add water and cook it in pan too.
- Presoak the rice for 15mins then pressure cook the rice for 3 whistles with 1(rice):1.5 cups(water) so that rice is cooked with grains separated.