Paasi Payaru Sundal is a tasty sundal that is sweet unsual from the regular sundal recipes.How to make paasi payaru sundal with step by step pictures.
Pachai payaru sundal is one easy and quick sundal recipe we can make for navaratri. Sundal is an important dish we make for every navaretri festival. You can pack this as a snack for kids too, they will sure love it.
Tried this Paasi Payaru Sundal Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
Paasi Payaru Sundal
- 1 cup green gram
- 4 tablespoon coconut
- 1/4 cup powdered jaggery
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- few nos curry leaves
- 2 nos red chillies
- a generous pinch
- Soak green gram overnight or atleast for 8 hours. Pressure cook green gram for 3-4 whistles or until soft, Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal let it splutter then add curry leaves and red chillies saute for a minute. Then add cooked green gram.
- Add required salt , then coconut, give a quick stir....saute for 2mins till all is combined and switch it off.
- If you want the sweet version add powdered jaggery while adding the green gram itself. Serve Pasi Payaru Sundal hot / warm.
- I always add little cooked water and let it evaporate so that the sundal is a bit moist and not too dry.
- You can add a teaspoon of jaggery and make it as sweet sundal too.
- Adjust coconut according to your preference.
How to make Paasi Payaru Sundal
- Soak jaggery in warm water(till immersing level) , crush it well. Then heat it up until it is slightly thick (no string consistency needs to be checked) .Strain and keep aside.
- Soak green gram dhal overnight.Boil 2 cups of water(or water till immersing level) and add soaked green gram and required salt to it.Cook till it becomes soft,Set aside.In a pan heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.Then add cooked green gram
- Then add jaggery syrup and give a toss until mixed well.Adjust salt if required at this stage.Then add coconut and give a quick stir.Switch off.
Serve warm as a evening snack or even for breakfast!
- You can even add powdered jaggery as such but to remove impurities I always heat up and strain.Also amma says adding jaggery syrup helps in even mixing.
- I did not make the syrup thick, just tossed it in a semi runny syrup.You can make the jaggery syrup a bit thicker to coat the sundal, its your preference.
- You can make a easy version by just mixing jaggery syrup and coconut without tempering, that tastes good too.
- You can replace green chillies instead of red chillies.
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste. As per the measurements given this is mildy sweet.