You actually need no sidedish for this paniyaram but I served with coconut chutney .
Oats Paniyaram Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Quick cooking oats – 1 cup(I used Quaker)
Rice Flour – 3 tbsp
Thick Curd (Yogurt) – 1/2 cup
Baking Soda – 1/8 tsp
Carrot – 1 small grated
Small Onion – 6 chopped finely
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Oil – as required to toast
Salt – to taste
Cooking Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 2 tsp chopped finely
- Dry roast oats for 2mins do not let the color change, this step is purely optional.Set aside.In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds,urad dal and curry leaves let it splutter.Then add onion and saute till transparent.
- Then add carrot and saute till raw smell leaves, add chilli powder and give a quick mix.In a mixing bowl take roasted oats,saueted carrot onion,rice flour,curd,baking soda and coriander leaves.
- Add required,mix well to form a semi loose batter , like our oothapam batter.Grease the kuzhipaniyaram pan with oil and add a laddle full of the batter in each hole.
- Then cook covered for a minute or until it gets cooked. When the top part looks cooked then turn and cook on other side till golden brown.
Serve as a teatime snack with any spicy chutney of your choice.
- The batter should not too too runny or too thick, it should be in pourable consistency yet spoonable.
- You can add coconut pieces / grated coconut for extra crunch.