Mutter Paneer Masala – Ingredients:
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Paneer – 1/2 cup cubed
Peas – 1/2 cup [I used fresh peas]
Fresh Cream / Milk – 2 tbsp [I used malai, ie top of milk(paal aadai)]
Jeera – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (chopped finely)
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Onion – 2 small cut lengthwise
Tomatoes – 2 medium sized
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
Cloves – 1
Cashews – 6
Oil – 2 tsp
- Take all the ingredients listed under ‘to grind’ in a mixer and grind it to a fine paste,Set aside.In a pan heat butter + oil add jeera , let it splutter.
- Then add ginger garlic paste saute till golden then add onion tomato paste, then add red chilli powder,coriander powder and garam masala powders.
- Add required salt and let it cook for few mins until raw smell leaves and becomes a thick sauce.
- Now add 1 cup water and let it boil for 2mins.Add peas,
- Mix once and pressure cook for 2 whistles.Once pressure releases open and let the gravy boil for few mins until oil separates.
- Now add fresh cream and let it boil.Meanwhile toast the paneer cubes in dosa tawa till golden with little oil.
- Now add toasted paneer and mix well.Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
I am sure you will also be surprised like me with this creamy mutter paneer masala, it is very tasty and sure a better alternative to the usual Paneer Butter Masala.
- For peas or any green vegetable to stay green, after pressure cook release the pressure manually and open it. This way the veggies will stay green while adding in gravies – Got this tip from my cousin and it worked too.
- Fresh cream gives a nice flavour to the gravy giving it a restaurant taste. You can use milk too replacing cream and it gives a nice flavor too.
- This gravy goes well with any dry rice like fried rice/ pulao or even with naan/rotis. After I tried this I prefer this to PB masala. I really regret for not trying this for all these days, and am glad I tried this now atleast 🙂