After reading about horsegram health benefits and weight loss factors, my interest for trying new recipes with horsegram has increased so keep watching for more horsegram recipes in future 🙂 Till then check out kollu chutney that I posted sometime back.
I have few more recipes that I clicked long back so thought to post them all before this year ends 🙂
Kollu Podi Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian| Recipe Reference : Ensamayalarai
Horsegram – 1/2 cup
Chana Dal – 2 tbsp
Sesame Seeds – 3 tbsp
Dry Red Chilli – 6
Garlic – 5 cloves
Curry Leaves – a small sprig
Hing – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste(I used Rock Salt)
Note* – I halved the recipe and tried
- Measure all your ingredients and keep it ready.Rinse horsegram and let it dry for few mins.Then in a pan add 1/2 tsp of oil and roast horsegram till nicely browned.Set aside to cool.
- Dry roast red chillies and chana dal till golden brown,Set aside.Then add garlic,curry leaves,hing and rock salt just saute for a minute and switch off.Then add sesame seeds and roast till slightly golden.
- Now let all the roasted ingredients cool down.Then grind it to a semi fine powder using a mixer.Cool down and store in airtight container.
Store in an airtight container.
- Rinse horsegram and let it dry then start the process.
- Make sure you cool down completely before you grind it.Also after grinding let it cool down before you store.
- Keeps well for about 2 months in room temperature itself.
- I used my dry mixer for grinding at home.If you are making in bulk then you can choose to give it in mill for grinding.