Last Updated on December 7, 2020
After reading about horsegram health benefits and weight loss factors, my interest for trying new recipes with horsegram has increased so keep watching for more horsegram recipes in future 🙂 Till then check out kollu chutney that I posted sometime back.
I have few more recipes that I clicked long back so thought to post them all before this year ends 🙂
Kollu Podi Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian| Recipe Reference : Ensamayalarai
Horsegram – 1/2 cup
Chana Dal – 2 tbsp
Sesame Seeds – 3 tbsp
Dry Red Chilli – 6
Garlic – 5 cloves
Curry Leaves – a small sprig
Hing – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste(I used Rock Salt)
Note* – I halved the recipe and tried
- Measure all your ingredients and keep it ready.Rinse horsegram and let it dry for few mins.Then in a pan add 1/2 tsp of oil and roast horsegram till nicely browned.Set aside to cool.
- Dry roast red chillies and chana dal till golden brown,Set aside.Then add garlic,curry leaves,hing and rock salt just saute for a minute and switch off.Then add sesame seeds and roast till slightly golden.
- Now let all the roasted ingredients cool down.Then grind it to a semi fine powder using a mixer.Cool down and store in airtight container.
Store in an airtight container.
- Rinse horsegram and let it dry then start the process.
- Make sure you cool down completely before you grind it.Also after grinding let it cool down before you store.
- Keeps well for about 2 months in room temperature itself.
- I used my dry mixer for grinding at home.If you are making in bulk then you can choose to give it in mill for grinding.