Last Updated on December 7, 2020
I made these croutons just with some leftover bread and planned to pair it with tomato soup.The croutons were so good that half of it vanished in no time, the lil one so loved it. I reserved some to be served with soup and it was such a nice comforting combo. Homemade Croutons come out so crunchy and perfect to garnish and serve with soups and salads.
Homemade Croutons Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Bread – 4 slices
Melted Butter – 1/2 tbsp
Olive Oil – 1 tsp
Mixed Herbs – 3/4 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Salt – to taste
- Take your bread slices and cut them into small cubes and Set aside.In a mixing bowl, take melted butter,olive oil,mixed herbs,oregano,required salt and chopped coriander leaves.
- Add crushed pepper, mix it once.Then add bread cubes.
- Toss it well so that it is coated on all sides.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Lay aluminium foil in a baking tray and spread the bread cubes.Bake it for 10mins or until the bread cubes turn golden.Turn over in between.
Cool down and then store in airtight container.
- Keep an eye after 10 mins as it gets browned faster after that.Mine got done in 12 mins exactly asmy slices were thin.So the baking time depends on the thickness of the bread slice too.
- You can add crushed garlic or other herbs as per your liking.
- You can use leftover thick slices of bread for best results.My slices were thin so it got done quickly.
- The flavours are endless, you can experiment as per your liking.