I am just back from a 2 day trip to my perimmas place, we had been there for a function and had a great time. Though it was a hectic back to back travel for the past 2 days, meeting relatives, cousins and their family after quite some time is always refreshing which compensated for the tiredness. Just back after waving mittu and sitting with my cup of tea writing this post 🙂
Ginger Cardamom Tea Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Fresh Milk – 1 cup
Tea – 1.5 tsp heaped
Sugar – 2 tsp(adjust according to your taste)
Cardamom – 2
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
- Peel the skin and chop the ginger roughly. Then crush ginger and cardamom together in a hand mortar and pestle. Set aside. Boil milk until its frothy.
- Then add sugar, give a quick stir for the sugar to dissolve. Then add crushed ginger cardamom, tea powder and simmer for 3-5 mins.
- Once it starts to boil and you get the required tea strongness and color, switch it off. Filter using a tea strainer and serve hot.
I love good day biscuits / marie with tea. Whats your favorite with tea?
- I usually use 3 roses tea or sometimes tajmahal. You can use your preferred tea brand.
- You can also add sugar at the final stage after switching it off.
- Adjust tea powder and sugar according to your taste.
- Sometimes I add 2-3 tbsp water as hubby prefers it that way but I love it only with full milk 🙂