This is a very easy garlic bread recipe that you can serve within minutes.I love garlic bread from Dominos the stuffed version and I always wanted to try it that way but last time ended up making this quick version of garlic bread.I loved the simplicity of this recipe, so we enjoyed it as a snack on a rainy day.
Garlic Bread Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Bread – 4 slices
Garlic – 3 pearls(medium sized)
Butter – 3 tbsp
Cheese – 1 tbsp grated
Chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp
Mixed Herbs / Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp chopped
Ghee – to toast
Salt – to taste
- Take 3 garlic pearls in a mixer and grind it to a semi fine paste.Take butter,garlic paste,chilli flakes,required salt,mixed herbs,grated cheese and coriander leaves in a bowl.Mix it well.
- Trim the edges of the bread.Spread a heaped spoonful of the mixture on one side of the bread and keep it ready.
- Heat a dosa tawa, grease it with ghee and add the bread slices and toast it till golden brown.
- When you flip the bread slices with the garlic mixture side down on the tawa, it will stick so add more ghee to toast.
- You can either use olive oil or ghee to toast.
- You can even toast it in oven.Preheat oven at 175 deg C and bake the bread slices for 5-7mins in toast mode.No need to flip it, just place the slices with applied side on top.
- Do not add more garlic then it will give a pungent raw smell.
- While toasting the side which has the garlic paste, keep in low flame and toast well so that there is no raw smell.
- If you prefer you can even add green chillies sliced thin.