Last Updated on December 7, 2020
The bread had a beautiful garlicky crust on top and I so loved it.But only the crust was good and that too the crust spread over a small patch area in the middle alone,the bread was so thick it had no flavours at all so none other than me liked it.So I made up my mind to recreate the same with the pizza base, yesterday I tried it and it was a instant hit at home.
Garlic Bread Sticks Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: World
Maida – 1 cup
Instant dry yeast – 3/4 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Luke warm water – 1/2 cup minus 1 tbsp
Olive Oil – 2 tsp
Mozarella Cheese – 2 tbsp grated
Salt – to taste
For the garlic spread:
Butter -1 tbsp
Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Garlic cloves – 3 big
Salt – to taste
- In a mixing bowl, take maida,sugar,salt and yeast – Mix well first.Then add luke warm water.
- I took 1/2 cup water and reserved little at the final stage, knead it well to a smooth slightly sticky dough.Finally add olive oil and mix well and keep aside for atleast 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- Once the dough doubles in size, punch it down and set aside.In a mixer grind garlic to a coarse paste.
- Melt the butter and take it in a bowl along with garlic paste, oregano and salt in a bowl and mix well,Set aside.Take the dough in the pan you are going to bake, sprinkle little flour.
- Roll it to 1/4 inch thickness.Spread the garlic butter mixture over it.Sprinkle cheese and oregano.
- Preheat oven at 220 deg C for 10mins and bake it for atleast 25-30mins or until the top becomes golden and crusty.The bread should move freely inside the pan when baked perfectly.Cool down and then cut it into sticks.
Serve hot / warm!
- If you like spice in your bread sprinkle chilli flakes.
- If you want goeey cheese then add cheese only at the final stage may be just 5mins before the ending time of baking.
- You can skip cheese too but I recommend adding it as it gives a nice salt crust to the bread.
- The kneaded dough should be sticky when you leave it for rising.May be while rolling you can sprinkle little flour if it sticks.If the kneaded dough is stiff, then your bread will be hard.It should not be like chapathi dough, you should see wrinkles and the dough should stick.
- I was in a hurry that I sliced it soon after it got baked so the pieces were not that neat.Give cooling time, then slice it.
- Don’t over bake just bake till the top turns golden, else the inside bread will become hard.