Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Fish Fry Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Fish – 6 to 8 pieces (I used Vanjaram variety)
Red chilli powder – 3 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp (optional)
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Cornflour – 1 tsp (optional)
Salt – to taste
Oil – to toast / deep fry
- Clean fish and wash it well. Set aside.In a wide mixing bowl, add red chilli, turmeric,coriander powder, lime juice,cornflour(if you are using) and required salt. Sprinkle little water to make it to a paste consistency. Then add the fish to it and mix well. Coat the masala on all sides of the fish and marinate for atleast 30mins. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan or dosa tawa and toast the fish until the fish turns golden red in color. You can alternatively deep fry too.
Serve hot with lemon wedges and onion rings.
- Adjust spice level according to your taste and preference.
- You can serve fish with raw onions. I love it with tomato sauce 🙂
- Squeeze lime while serving if you like the tanginess.
- You can even add ginger garlic paste as a add on to the marinade.
- We like fish fries toasted in tawa than the deep fry.Also it avoids fish becoming hard.