Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Maida – 1/2 cup
Demerara Sugar – 1/2 cup
Unsalted butter – 3 tbsp
Peanut butter – 1/3 cup
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Milk – 1 tbsp
- Take demerara sugar in a mixer and powder it fine,Set aside.In a mixing bowl add wheat flour,maida and baking soda.
- Whisk it well,Set aside.Melt butter , add sugar and whisk it well.Then add peanut butter.
- Mix well till it forms a creamy mixture.Then add flour mixture.
- Mix well with your hands and bring everything together, add little milk to form a soft dough.Take small lemon sized ball and flatten it with your palms.Lay butter paper / silver foil in the baking try and arrange the flattened patties.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.
- Dip a fork in flour and press it horizontally and vertically to get criss cross lines.
- Bake it in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 15-20 mins or until the edges start to brown.If you slip over and see, if you see the golden brown color then the cookies are done.Cool down in wirerack and then store.
Cool down and then store in airtight container.Serve warm with a glass of milk or as a tea time snack.
- Measure butter room temperature then melt it.
- You can add full maida too.I am not sure of the outcome with only wheat flour.
- The cookies spread a little so leave gap while placing them for baking.
- I baked it two batches and got around 20 small cookies.
- I didn’t keep in fridge but guess you can keep it until preheating time.
- The baking timing depends on the cookie size and thickness.If you are making a slighter thicker cookie then it might take atleast 20mins to get baked fully, so adjust the timing accordingly.Mine got done in 15mins.