Last Updated on December 7, 2020
I loved this terracotta bowl when I saw it in a supermarket….I picked it up at once and the first thing that came to mind was to click rasmalai 🙂
Rasmalai Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take a pan – add condensed milk to it, add a tbsp of milk and whisk it well.Now add remaining milk and let it boil in medium flame for 5mins. Keep stirring.Crush saffron strands and add it.The color of milk will change to slightly yellow color, after saffron is added, let it boil for a minute.
- Then add chopped nuts, cardamom powder give a quick mix and let it boil.Now take your rasgullas.I used store bought rasgullas this time.
- Take lemon squeezer and squeeze the excess sugar syrup from the rasgullas.Be gentle else the rasgullas will crumble.Now add the rasgullas to the milk and let it simmer for 5mins in low flame.Switch off.
- You can also use store bought rasgullas, tinned ones are easy to reach – Haldirams works best.I got it from a sweet shop.
- Dont use saffrons more, it will be over powerful and will spoil the taste.
- The addition of condensed milk not only makes the rasmalai rich but extra tasty and gives a unique flavour to it.
- I didnt add sugar as the sweetness in condensed milk and the rasgullas were just perfect for me.
- Allow atleast 30mins sitting and refrigerating time before serving to taste best.