When we moved to the new place and the house works were going on, we relied on easy yet nutritious dishes for lunch. Having very little time in hand, and a naughty kiddo all that we could do is such simple meals only. One such days lunch was this simple yet flavorful dal with potato curry and steamed rice….YUM! Do check out the “Coming up next” section which is newly located on the right tab.
- Dal Tadka is a staple dish in several Indian households and is generally eaten with rice or rotis (indian flat-bread).
- The traditional Dal Tadka Recipe is a preparation made from a variety of different lentils and a lot of spices making it a favourite accompaniment with Rice or Rotis/Naan etc.
- Dal refers to the dry pulses that come as a result of splitting the whole pulses, and ridding them of their husks/hulls and shells.
- Dal forms a very important part of the daily Indian meal, as it is one major source of proteins and energy.
- Dal is generally eaten as accompaniment to Roti or Steamed white rice.Toor Dal or split Pigeon peas are generally used in preperation of this dish.