Last Updated on December 7, 2020
I saw this Carrot Kesari in an instagram page few days back since then I wanted to try it as I loved the idea of natural coloring of kesari with carrot avoiding the orange food color.Though the flavour of carrot was very mild, you can be happy to include the goodness of carrot in kesari.You can even try with other fruits and vegetables.As navaratri is here though to post this easy kesari recipe that you can make and serve it for guests.
My sil gifted me this sharpener for my birthday 2 yrs back, though I’ve been using it on and off it didn’t find its proper place here in Sharmis Passions and finally here it is :)There is a peeler on top too which comes handy to remove the skin.
Carrot Kesari Recipe
Recipe Category: Sweet| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Rava (Fine Sooji) – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
Water – 3/4 cup
Carrots – 2 small(puree comes to almost 1/2 cup)
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Cashews – 5 whole
- Rinse carrot,trim the edges and remove the skin.Chop it into small cubes and steam cook until soft.
- Take it in a mixer jar and puree it to a smooth paste with little water.Measure the ingredients and keep it ready.Heat 2 tsp ghee in a pan – add cashews fry until golden.Set aside.
- Heat half of ghee in a pan add rava and roast for just 2mins in low flame,Set aside.
- Heat water in a pan when it starts to boil add roasted rava.Cook in low flame.
- Cook until it becomes soft and slightly dry.
- At this stage add carrot puree and sugar.Again it will become goey.Keep stirring to avoid lumps.Add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Add remaining ghee.Keep cooking until it becomes thick and comes together.It will start to come from the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder,mix well and add fried cashews and switch off.
Serve hot / warm with cashews garnished…heaven!
- I used 2 small carrots.
- You can add any nuts of your choice, you can even add chopped almonds.
- It will become thick, you can heat it up while serving for the ghee to melt and grease the kesari.
Enjoy the kesari hot / warm with a dollop of ghee….yumm!!