Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Pineapple Kesari Recipe
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Rava(Sooji) – 1/2 cup
Pineapple – 1/3 cup(chopped)
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Water – 1 and 1/2 cups
Cashews – 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Raisins – 2 tsp
Yellow food color – just a tiny pinch
Ghee – 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
- Heat a tsp of ghee and fry cashews first till slightly browned then add raisins and let it bubble up, transfer to bowl and set aside.Boil water and add the chopped pineapple pieces, let it cook in medium flame for 5mins till it becomes slightly soft.
- Add the food color and let it boil one one side.Meanwhile heat a tsp of ghee and roast rava till nice aroma wafts. Now add the boiling pineapple water mixture to rava.This is the stage where you have to be very careful take care not to form lumps even if it forms break down.
- Once you see rava is cooked then add sugar now it will start to loosen keep stirring continuously.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee and keep stirring till the mixture comes together as a mass slightly thick as shown below.Now add the ghee fried cashews and raisins and switch off.
Serve hot / warm!
- If you want you can add pineapple essence but I didnt add as I loved the natural pineapple flavour itself.I didnt even add cardamom powder / kesar as I wanted full pineapple flavour.If you like you can add cardamom powder.
- Cook pineapple and then add it else it will be crunchy.
- Add sugar only after rava is cooked.
- I add 1.5 cups of water and boiled the pineapple mixture only for 5mins so the water quantity was not an issue for me.If you boil for more , water will evaporate and will become less which will not be the perfect measure to cook rava.So if you are doubftul measure water and then add it.
- Garnish with pineapple pieces,cashews and raisins.
- If you are adding yellow food color as powder then dissolve it in a tsp of water then add it, this is ensure even coloring. If you use liquid food color then you can add it directly.