Bread omlette recipe with step by step photos.Bread omlette is my favorite, it always reminds me of train journeys.Still I love bread omlette served in the Indian Railways and should admit I look forward to day train journeys just for the sake of bread omlette.But this street style bread omlette recipe is quite different and I haven’t tasted it yet in road side shops.Here in coimbatore havent seen such shops but have heard that Chennai is famous for street style bread omlette shops,have to taste it once.Bread with Egg is always a winning combo so either ways it is yummy 🙂
I saw a video of this Street Style Bread Omlette Recipe,got inspired from it and tried it.I didn’t bookmark the link so couldn’t find the exact link now.I have seen in some videos where they use red and green chutney with cheese but as I am trying it for the first time, I tried the simple street food version and we loved it.
I love even the plain omlette served with plain bread with amul butter served in the train pantry.How many are fond of bread omlette like me?!
Bread Omlette Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Bread 2 slices
Eggs – 2
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Onion – 4 tbsp finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1 finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Oil – 1 to 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Break open 2 eggs in a mixing bowl,then add all the spice powders along with required salt.Then add chopped onion.
- Add finely chopped green chillies and coriander leaves to it.Mix it well with a spoon.Beat it for few seconds.
- Heat a pan with oil,when it is hot – pour the egg mixture on it.Tilt it so that the egg mixture is even on all the edges.
- Take a bread slice dip in the egg then flip over and place it.Repeat this for the other egg too.So the dipped side should come on top.Drizzle oil.
- Once it gets cooked on one side,flip over to other side,press it with the laddle.Cook for 2mins then flip over and serve.
Serve hot with chopped raw onions and coriander leaves.
- I used my cast iron skillet.You can use nonstick or iron dosa tawa.
- In shops they make a big omlette with 4 bread and 3 eggs.
- The spice powders are purely your choice.You can plus or minus the ingredients.
- You can use a egg beater or whisk to beat the eggs.I tried the same way they do in road side shops with spoon.