Amla Rice Recipe – IngredientsServes : 2Cooking & Preparation Time: 35 mins
Amla – 1/4 cup heaped grated
Cooked Rice – 1 and 1/4 cups
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – a small sprig
Oil – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 3/4 tsp
Chana Dal – 2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Red Chillies – 2
Peanuts – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Hing – a small pinch
3.Cook rice in 1(rice):2.5(water) ratio and spread it with a tsp of oil. Add cooked rice to the amla seasoning and mix gently.Serve hot with papad or any curry of your choice.
I loved the flavour of the rice with the goodness of amla, do try it for yourself and enjoy it! Amla has the richest source of Vitamin C so try to include it your daily diet.
- You can use leftover rice too to make variety rice.If you are using hot rice,make it well in advance fluff and spread it with oil and keep aside.
- I used normal rice, if you want you can use basmati rice too.
- While tempering you can add either red chillies / green chillies.
- Amla cooks easily so dont saute for more time.
- If you wish you can even add onion for extra crunch.