This atta halwa / atta ka sheera is very easy and quick to make so thought to include it in my Diwali 2015 recipes.
Atta Halwa – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
- Measure ghee and transfer it to a pan and heat it up.Just heat it up for few seconfs then add wheat flour and start roasting.
- Keep roasting for atleast 20mins(its better to keep an eye at the timing).Then add water(1/2 cup + 1/8 cup).
- You should be very quick now.Use a whisk and mix it well.It will get cooked very quickly and gather into a mass.
- Once everything gathers together without sticking, add sugar.
- The sugar will start to melt and the whole mixture will turn slightly goey.Keep stirring until it becomes shiny and leave the sides of the pan.
- Add remaining 2 tsp ghee, cardamom powder and give a quick mix.Finally add chopped almonds and switch off.
Serve hot / warm.
- Do not lose patience while roasting, that is the main step involved so keep roasting for 20mins in low flame.
- I switched off the flame while adding water, gave a quick whisk then switched on-this is to avoid lumps.If you are confident, then you can do this even with the flame on, I was trying to be extra careful 😉
- Do not reduce ghee else the halwa will become sticky and will not yield the perfect taste and texture.
- You can even fry cashews in ghee and add it.