Prawn Fry happened to be one of my first time successful experiments…I patted myself after making this prawn fry as I am slowly gaining confidence cooking nonveg dishes.I usually make prawn gravy so this prawn fry was a welcoming change….Hubby and amma gave a thumps up to this prawn fry.We had it with rice, fish kuzhambu and it was a great combo.Do try this and let me know the feedback, vegetarians you can try this with mushroom,baby corn etc.
Prawn Fry Recipe
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Cleaned Prawn – 20 small pieces
Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
Big Onion – 1 chopped finely
Oil – 1 tbsp
For the marination:
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – a small sprig
Oil – 2 tsp
- Devein the prawns as mentioned in the link in the ingredients list.Rinse it well and transfer it to a mixin bowl.Add all the ingredients listed under ‘to marinade’ mix well.Marinade for atleast 30mins.
- Heat oil in a pan add the masala coated prawns and saute for 2mins.Then add little water.
- Cook covered for few mins till prawn gets cooked until soft.Keep aside.
- Heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ then add small onion and fry till slightly browned.Then add cooked prawns.
- Saute for a minute.Check and adjust salt at this stage.Then add coconut and give a quick stir.
Switch off and serve with rice and kuzhambu.
- Check the detailed cleaning and cutting procedure of prawns here.
- Prawns cook faster so dont overcook else it will get tough.
- Don’t add water while marinating just toss it thats enough.