Last Updated on December 7, 2020
I havent spoken more about sharmi clicks here after announcing that I am starting a P365 blog. I should admit it is hectic and on the other side all the more enjoyable than I thought. Having the camera sticking to me all the time like a baby kangaroo sometimes a burden too with the bulky camera bag hanging on one side and holding mittu on the other side…eyes wandering for framing a pic :)Today marks the 100th day…..long way more to go!
Prawn Gravy Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Prawns – 1 cup cleaned
Small Onion – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 6 pearls
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Tomato puree – from 2 tomatoes
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 3/4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp to garnish
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Cinnamon -1/2 inch piece
Cloves – 2
Bayleaf – 1 teared roughly
Curry leaves – few
To grind to a paste:
Coconut – 1/4 cup tightly packed
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Clean prawns(by removing the center nerve part), wash it then mix turmeric powder,salt and red chilli powder and set aside. Grind coconut along with fennel with little water to a fine paste, Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai – add the items under ‘to temper’ then add onions and garlic fry until it turns slightly brown.Then add ginger garlic paste, fry for a minute.Then add tomato puree along with spice powders and cook till raw smell leaves. Then add marinated prawns.
- Saute until prawns starts shrinking say 3mins. Prawn lets out water so check that and then add 1/4 water and keep closed. Cook until prawns is soft and cooked fully.Once the prawns turn soft, add required salt.
- Now add the coconut paste and allow it to boil and get cooked until oil separates and the curry becomes saucy. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and switch it off.
Serve hot with rice or rotis as per your choice!
- The curry consistency is purely our preference – if you want more gravy kind switch it off accordingly.
- Clean prawns and wash it thoroughly before you cook
- This curry goes well with rotis or even rice.