Lemon Oats Recipe – Ingredients
Preparation Time : 7 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 1
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Oats – 1/2 cup
Lemon juice – from 1/2 lemon
Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
Water – 3/4 cup to 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/4 tsp
Chana Dal – 1/2 tbsp
Peanuts – 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves – few
Hing – a tiny pinch
Red Chillies – 2
- Soak chana dal in water for 15mins,set aside.In a pan heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ along with turmeric powder and chana dal fry till the dals turn slightly browned.Then add peanuts and fry for a minute.
- Then add water,salt and being it to boil.Once it starts boiling add the oats in spreaded manner and keep mixing.
- Cook covered for 3mins.Once it gets cooked and is fluffy switch off and then add lemon juice and give a quick stir.
- You can even dry roast oats for 2mins then follow the same procedure, this helps in making fluffier upma.
- I used quaker quick cooking oats, if you are using rolled or other oats variety adjust water quantity accordingly.
- I always recommend any oats upma recipes to be served hot.
- You dont need any side dish for lemon oats but if you prefer then serve it with coconut chutney.
- I love the crunch in the peanuts so I recommend adding it.