Last Updated on October 19, 2021
Oats Dosa Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfst | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Oats – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1/4 cup heaped
Rava -1/4 cup
Jeera – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 chopped finely
Green chillies – 1 finely chopped
Pepper powder – a pinch [optional]
Oil – as required
Salt – to taste
Water – as required
- Dry roast oats for 3-5 mins till a nutty aroma comes and the color of oats slightly changes. Allow it to cool down then powder it finely.Add little oil and saute the onions,green chillies for 2mins.
- In a mixing bowl-Add oats powder, rice flour, rava, jeera, onion, green chillies, pepper powder, salt and mix well.Add water and make a thin batter like rava dosa batter.Heat the dosa tawa, take one laddle of batter and drizzle it from the corners and finishing off in the middle like we do for rava dosas. There will be holes seen as in the pic. Drizzle oil, allow it cook till golden brown and turn over to other side, leave it to cook then transfer to the serving plate. Enjoy ur crispy oats dosa hot.
After 2 trials I adjusted and made the oats dosa close to the style of rava dosa. The result was crispy dosas do try it out for yourself. Since the day I tried this oats dosa, its regular on our menu atleast once a week it is sure a better alternative to the usual oats porridge.
- Just drizzle only a thin layer of the batter dont spread it , else you will not get crispy dosas.
- Make your batter very thin so that pouring is easy enough.
- You can dry roast oats, powder it and store it in advance so that its very helpful during our morning hurry burries.