Now mittus vacation is going on and am thinking of ways to keep her engadged though this time she is not complaining much about boredom hopefully not anytime later too 🙂
Green Peas Sundal Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Dry Green Peas – 1/2 cup
Salt – to taste
To grind to a coarse paste:
Grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
Green Chillies – 2 small
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Hing – a generous pinch
Curry leaves – a sprig
- Soak green peas dried variety overnight or atleast for 4 hrs.Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles with enough water.The skin may come out, you can discard them as I did or use it as such,Set aside.Transfer the ingredients listed under ‘to grind’ to a mixer.
- Grind them to a coarse paste without adding water,Set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.Then add cooked peas.
- Give a quick toss. and then add the coconut paste,required salt and mix well. Saute for 2-3 mins until raw smell of green chillies leave.Switch off.
Sundal is ready to be served. Serve hot / warm as a snack!
- If you are soaking peas overnight then 2 whistles is just enough to cook it soft. But if you are soaking only for 4 hrs then give 3-4 whistles.You can add salt while pressure cooking itself and adjust while mixing with other tempering and coconut mixture.
- You can even add a small piece of ginger while grinding.
- Adjust green chillies according to the spicelevel you prefer.
- You can even use the yellow variety of fried peas for making this sundal recipe.