Here is my version of beach sundal and am sure you will enjoy making and eating as much as I did.
Beach Sundal Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
White Peas – 1 cup (dried variety)
Raw Mango – 5 tbsp (grated or chopped lengthwise)
Coconut – 3 tbsp
Onion – 2 tbsp (chopped finely)
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (chopped finely)
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Hing – a generous pinch
Oil – 1 tsp
- Soak peas overnight or atleast for 8 hours and pressure cook it for 3 whistles.Set aside. Make all the other ingredients ready, set aside. Heat oil in a pan – add mustard seeds allow it to crackle, add hing.
- Then add onion give a stir no need to saute add cooked peas immediately. Add red chilli powder, required salt and give a stir.
- Add raw mango, coconut and mix well till its blended well. Then add chopped coriander leaves and switch it off.
Best when served hot! Add raw mango and onion while serving and enjoy ur beach style sundal at home!
- If making for any festival/navaratri you can skip onions and just add grated carrots.
- Do not let the onions turn soft, it should be crunchy. Else you can add it raw at the final stage with coriander leaves.
- You can also add some grated carrots and raw mango while serving.
- You can even add green chilli paste instead of red chilli powder.