Written by: SHARMILEE J
I dont even remember how I started liking brinjals, its only a year since I've started liking this veggie. This curry with the flavour of peanuts and sesame tastes soo good and goes well with rice and rotis. Do give a try for yourself!
- Heat oil, add mustards seeds and curry leaves- allow it to splutter. Then add onions , fry until slightly browned. Then add tomatoes fry until mushy and raw smell leaves.Add sambar powder.
- Add the brinjals and fry until it shrinks, add water till immersing level and cook covered until the brinjals turn soft and the water evaporates completely.Dont make it mushy just cook until the brinjals are soft yet crunchy.
- Now add the ground paste, add chilli powder , required salt.Fry until nicely roasted say 3-5mins. Switch off.Serve with sambar rice or any variety rice.
- I saw this recipe once in a cookery show and sesame was mentioned optional but I added it as I luv the flavour.
- You can also add jeera and curry leaves while tempering but I didnt add it though.
- You can also make it a bit more gravy kind and serve it as a sidedish for rotis.