Monday morning blues *sighh* and to cheer up my mood I am here with this post :) When I thought of mango recipes to be posted here, homemade mango jam was in my list but didnt get a easy and a simple recipe. When Nimi (one of sharmispassions regular readers) suggested this recipe and I was totally satisfied as it was very simple with 3 ingredients. Thank you Nimi, my little one enjoyed the jam very much.
- Grind the mango cubes in a mixie until smooth.
- In a nonstick pan , add mango puree, sugar and lime juice. Keep stirring for atleast 15-25mins the water mixture will collect to a jam consistency.
- The mixture will turn glossy at this stage.Switch off.
- Cool completely and store in a clean airtight container. Keep refrigerated after a day(if your jam is not over :))
- You can just add the chopped mangoes itself as said in the orginal recipe with those chunk mango pieces here and there. As I made it for my little one, I preferred this way.
- Be careful in checking the consistency of the jam.
- Choose a ripe deep yellow mango variety.
The mango jam is apt with bread and my little one loved it as such. Homemade mango jam is sure a better treat than the ones we get outside with loaded preservatives. It makes 1 cup (or a small bottle as in the pics).