Last Updated on December 7, 2020
- Mix maida, cornflour and custard powder, keep aside.Soft butter, add sugar to it and cream well. Then add curd, vanilla essence and beat well until creamy.
- Then add custard powder mixture to the butter sugar mixture and make it to soft dough. If your dough is sticky add little maida to make it a soft pilable dough.
- Roll the dough on a flat surface using chapathi roller for about 5mm thickness. Then cut out shapes using cookie cutter. Collect the remaining dough and repeat the process.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile make a small dent in the middle of all the biscuits using a small round lid and apply a very thin layer of jam in it.Arrange it in a baking tray with aluminium foil lined.
- Bake it for 12-15mins at 180 deg C. Allow it to cool and store them in airtight container.
- As I reduced the butter and replaced it with curd, the biscuits slightly puffed up, oozing out jam. So in the next batch I applied a very thin layer of jam.So dont add more jam it will surely ooze out.
- Though the butter is reduced, the crispness is perfect. The only difference I found with reducing butter was that the biscuits started to soften after 3 days. I’m sure it will stay crispy for more time when the orginal mentioned quantity of butter is added.
- I used mixed fruit jam, you can use your favorite flavour of jam. But mixed fruit went well with the custard powder flavour.