Chapathi Noodles Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
Chapathi – 4
Onion – 1 chopped lengthwise
Cabbage – 1/4 cup(tightly packed) chopped lengthwise
Carrot – 3 tbsp sized chopped lengthwise
Capsicum – 2 tbsp sized chopped lengthwise
Garlic – 5 pods chopped finely
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Soya Sauce – 1/4 tsp
Tomato sauce – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Chop all the veggies lengthwise and keep aside.Stack the 2-3 chapathis and cut into four squares.I used my kitchen scissors , but you can use a sharp knife too.
- Then cut each quarter into 2 as shown in the pic. Then cut along thin strips lengthwise.
- Heat oil, add onion and garlic saute until browned. Now add carrot and cabbage, saute them till raw smell leaves, saute in medium high flame keep sauteing to avoid burning.Then add capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Then add soya sauce, tomato sauce and pepper powder , mix well. Add required salt.Now add the chapathi strips and mix well. Simmer for 2mins, give a quick stir and switch off.
This is the best chapathi leftover idea I have found over the years. Sometimes I just add sambar powder, coriander powder and make it indianised. So no more second thought when there is left over chapathi at home 🙂 This is sure another take for our kothu parotta which is coming up soon.
- You can garnish with spring onions at the end, I didnt have so skipped it.
- Olive oil gives a nice flavour to the chinese dishes so I prefer using it. You can use normal cooking oil also.
- The veggies are upto ur choice, you can plus or minus the quantity as per your taste.
- You can also add egg with the veggies while sauting.
- On the whole the chapatis and veggies should not be very soft it should be crunchy and slightly soft like in noodles and veg fried rice.