Badam Kheer Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Badam(Almonds) – 20
Milk – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 2 to 3 tsp
Saffron – 2 strands
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Soak badam in hot water for 10mins. Now press the badams to peal the skin off.Grind the badams with 1 tsp milk to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Soak saffron in warm milk, set aside.Boil milk in a wide bottomed pan,add sugar and simmer it for 5mins so till milk becomes slightly thicker. Now add the saffron milk and mix well.
- Then add the badam paste. Allow it to boil for 3-5 mins.By this time the mixture starts getting thicker. Add cardamom powder, give a quick stir and switch off.
Garnish with chopped almonds and Serve hot or cold.
- Though the traditional badam kheer recipe is peeling the skin and grinding it.Sometimes I take the shortroute of just powdering almonds, sugar and mix it with milk whenever needed.
- Just powder almonds with sugar,then add saffron strands and cardamom powder. Your readymade badam mix is ready!
- It thickens with time, so switch off when its slightly thicker.