Strawberry Milkshake is a very delicious refreshing shake that can be made in a jiffy. Strawberry Milkshake is a perfect drink to celebrate summer as its so creamy with a bursting flavour of strawberries. Strawberry Milkshake Recipe with step by step pictures and video.
Strawberry milkshake can be made in many ways. I have given 2 ways one is the classic shake with strawberries and milk and another is a vegan option with almond milk.
About Strawberry Milkshake
Strawberry Milkshake is a cool delicious shake with the addition of fresh strawberries, milk and ice cream for the richness and creaminess. This is one drink you will crave for as its sweet, tasty and perfect especially for summer.
This milkshake is made with fresh strawberries, milk and sugar. In addition icecream is added to make the shake rich and creamy but you can skip it too. It is topped with whipped cream to fancy the shake more, you can even drizzle strawberry syrup likewise the topping options are endless.
It can fit into the desert category with the addition icecream and whipped cream as topping. If you want to go in a low fat or vegan option you can choose the seond recipe which uses almond milk and almonds.
It can be made using flavoured strawberry crush or even strawberry essence but nothing beats the tall glass of chilled fresh strawberry milkshake.Strawberries are so versatile that they can be used in many baked desserts, puddings, fruit salad etc.
Strawberries – Fruit from the heart!
Life is like strawberry – sometime sweet and sometime sour. But choosing strawberry is easy!
Fragrant strawberries are the fresh ones – smell them at a small distance to get your right ones. Choose firm, medium size and bright red strawberries with stem. Soft may indicate overripe fruit which may not long laster, small sized may not yield juice and the green ones may not be tasty when allowed to ripe in fridge!
Yes –Strawberry milk shake is bottled liquid heart! Strawberry shake with heart shaped strawberries on the side symbolizes our heart for the deared ones – make it on special occasions and enjoy with the family.
Colour of the strawberry shake gives a soothe comfort feel that we should pamper ourselves with before enjoying it!
Strawberry Milkshake Ingredients
Strawberry Milkshake needs just 3 main ingredients but to make it more fancy icecream and toppings are added.
- Fresh Strawberries : Choose strawberries that are red, fresh and ripe.
- Milk : Use full fat boiled, cooled and chilled milk. For vegan option you can use almond milk too.
- Sugar : Sugar can be adjusted depending on the sweetness of the fruit. You can even skip it if you are adding more ice cream.
- Ice cream : This is purely optional but is added to get a thick creamy shake just as in shops. I used strawberry icecream but alternatively you can even use vanilla ice cream.
- Topping : I have used mildly sweetened whipped cream topping. You can drizzle strawberry syrup over whipped cream.
Strawberry Milkshake Methods
- Classic Strawberry Milkshake : This is the classic version fof strawberry milkshake with fresh strawberries, milk and icecream.
- Vegan Strawberry Shake : This is a plant based vegan strawberry shake which uses fresh strawberries, milk and sugar. This is a low fat version as there is no icecream included here. I have included frozen almond milk to make the shake more creamy.
Tried this strawberry milkshake recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- 100 gms strawberries frozen
- 1 cup milk boiled, cooled and chilled
- 2 to 3 small scoops strawberry icecream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Measure and take 100 gms starwberries from the pack.
- Rinse it well, pat dry it.
- Chop of the green leafy part which is called hulling of starwberries.
- Chop strawberries roughly.
- Get all your ingredients ready.
- Now to a mixer jar add strawberries first.
- Now add milk to it. Boiled and cooled milk, preferable full fat milk to be used.
- Add sugar to it. THough this is optional as we are adding icecream I added very less.
- Add 2 to 3 scoops strawberry icecream to it.
- Now all ready to blend.
- Now blend until smooth and creamy. If you like chunky pieces in your milkshake then blend accordingly.
- Rich smooth creamy strawberry milkshake ready!
- Pour into serving glass.
- Top it up with shipped cream with a garnish of strawberry.
How to make Strawberry Milkshake
1.Measure and take 100 gms starwberries from the pack.
2.Rinse it well, pat dry it.
3.Chop of the green leafy part which is called hulling of strawberries.
4.Chop strawberries roughly.
5..Get all your ingredients ready.
6.Now to a mixer jar add strawberries first.
7.Now add milk to it. Boiled and cooled milk, preferably full fat milk to be used.
8. Add sugar to it. Though this is optional as we are adding icecream I added very less.
9.Add 2 to 3 scoops strawberry icecream to it.
10.Now all ready to blend.
11.Now blend until smooth and creamy. If you like chunky pieces in your milkshake then blend accordingly.
12.Rich smooth creamy strawberry milkshake ready!
12.Pour into serving glass.
13.Top it up with shipped cream with a garnish of strawberry.
- You can add fresh strawberries or frozen ones too. Make sure strawberries are rinsed well, hulled before use.
- If you want to cut down icecream then replace it with frozen milk.
- Adding sugar is optional depends on the sweetness of the fruit.
- Choose strawberries that are ripe and sweet.
- Blend until smooth if you are looking for a smooth creamy shake. If you like chunky pieces in your shake blend accordingly, first blend well then pulse it few times .
- Wash the strawberries before eating or using it only. Do not wash the strawberries if you are storing them for later use. Strawberries soak up the water, which may make them mushy and reduce shelf life.
- If you had bought strawberries with the stem, don’t pluck it off their stems to retain freshness and increase shelf life. You can remove the stem while using it for recipes.
Vegan Strawberry Milkshake
Strawberry Milkshake with almond milk delicious creamy shake with almonds and strawberries combo.Easy strawberry almond milkshake recipe with step by step pictures.
- 150 gms strawberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk(frozen)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 10 nos almonds (to soak)
How to make Vegan Strawberry Milkshake
1.Soak almonds in hot water for 15 mins.
2.Peel off the skin, set aside.
3.To a mixer jar add chopped strawberries.
4.Add almonds to it.
6. Add almond milk to it. To prepare almond milk : Soak 10 almonds in hot water, peel the skin then grind it along with little water until smooth. Now transfer this to strainer, and strain the milk, almond milk ready to use. If you are not looking for a vegan option then use regular milk boiled and cooled.
7.All ready to blend.
8.Blend until smooth.
9.Now add frozen almond milk.
10.Add vanill essence to it.
11.Blend well. Creamy delicious strawberry milkshake ready!
- If you skip icecream then freeze 1/2 cup milk and add it along with 1/2 cup milk for a thick creamy shake.
- You can make a combination shake with strawberry-banana or strawberry-mango etc.
- Add dry fruits and nuts of your choice for a healthy shake. Just soak in hot water for 15 misn then add to yield a creamy shake.
- Replace strawberry icecream with vanilla icecream for a unique taste.
Serving & Storage
- Serve with shipped cream as topping, drizzle strawberry syrup and serve chilled.
- You can serve the milkshake with a small scoop of strawberry / vanilla icecream.
1.What is Strawberry Milkshake?
Strawberry Milkshake is a tasty creamy and delicious shake with full of strawberry goddness and flavour.
2.What is Strawberry Milkshake made of?
Strawberry Milkshake is made with fresh strawberries, milk and sugar. Additionally icecream is added and blended for a thick and creamy shake.
3.How do you thicken Strawberry Milkshake?
Add icecream or frozen milk to make a thick and creamy shake.
4.What is the best strawberry milkshake combination?
I love the strawberry vanilla combination which is subtle and gives the full flavour of strawberries. But its purely your preference as my kid loves strawberry with mangoes.
5.Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes fresh strawberries are best to use in milkshakes but if you do not have access to it then you can add frozen strawberries too.