Spaghetti Pasta tossed in butter and garlic with a dash of cheese tastes soo good. Spaghetti Pasta is made by first cooking spaghetti then making a sauce using butter, garlic, herbs and finally tossing the cooked spaghetti in the sauce. Spaghetti Pasta with butter garlic sauce is explained in this post with step by step pictures and video.
Spaghetti Pasta with butter garlic sauce is one of the mildest yet flavourful pasta with minimum ingredients that you can find in your pantry. Do try this quick, easy pasta and enjoy!
Spaghetti Pasta with butter garlic sauce is one of the quickest pasta that you can make when you are running out of time. Cook the pasta and make the butter garlic sauce in parallel and you are done.
If you like garlic flavour then this is a must try for you! This is mildly spiced but still flavourful so its our family favourite especially the kids. Garlic flavour is the best in this pasta, also cheese adds a creaminess to this pasta.
The trick to get creamy Spaghetti Pasta is to add pasta cooked water to the sauce, it not only gives creaminess to the paste also makes the pasta moist and juicy.
What is Spaghetti?
Spaghetti is a special type of long, thin, cylindrical noodle pasta variety. It is the staple food of Italian cuisine. Italian Spaghetti is made from durum-wheat semolina. Usually Spaghetti made using refined flour but wheat spaghetti is also available.
Spaghetti is made from refined and water. Whole-wheat and multigrain spaghetti are also available. A thin variety of spaghetti called Capellini or colloquially called angel hair spaghetti is what I have used here.
Spaghetti Pasta Ingredients
- Pasta – You can use any variety of noodle pasta or spaghetti. You can choose from linguine, fettuccine, or any other shape of pasta noodle. You can also use whole wheat spaghetti or regular spaghetti I have used the thin variety spaghetti called as angel hair spaghetti.
- Garlic – Add finely chopped or minced garlic for best flavour. You can even crush garlic using garlic press and use it.
- Butter – There is no oil used here only butter so use butter generously for the sauce to coat the spaghetti.
- Herbs – I have used mixed herbs, parsely, chilli flakes and pepper powder.
- Cheese – I used processed cheese grated. You can use parmesan or cheddar cheese too.
Tried this Spaghetti Pasta? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
Spaghetti Pasta in Butter Garlic Sauce
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add salt to it.
- Allow for a rolling boil.
- Add 150 gms spaghetti pasta. I used angel hair spaghetti.
- Let it cook in low medium flame.
- Pasta is almost cooked.
- At this time reserve around 3/4 cup pasta cooked water and set aside.
- Cook until fork tender. You can cook till al dente too but I usually cook a minute extra for kids sake. Switch off.
- Remove from flame and add it to a strainer.
- Rinse it with cold water to avoid further cooking. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with 3 tablespoon unsalted butter. Let it melt.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tablespoon garlic finely chopped.
- Saute for a minute. Add 1 teaspoon parsely, 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, 1 teaspoon mixed herbs, 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Give a quick saute.
- Add reserved pasta cooked water and let it boil for a minute.
- Add cooked spaghetti pasta.
- Give a good toss. Mix it well.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper and 2 tablespoon grated cheese, I used processed cheese.
- Mix it well and switch off.
- Spaghetti Pasta with butter garlic sauce is ready!
Spaghetti Pasta Recipe Step by Step
1.Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add salt to it.
2.Allow for a rolling boil.
3.Add 150 gms spaghetti pasta. I used angel hair spaghetti.
4.Let it cook in low medium flame.
5.Pasta is almost cooked.
6.At this time reserve around 3/4 cup pasta cooked water and set aside.
7.Cook until fork tender. You can cook till al dente too but I usually cook a minute extra for kids sake. Switch off.
8.Remove from flame and add it to a strainer.
9.Rinse it with cold water to avoid further cooking. Set aside.
10.Heat a pan with 3 tablespoon unsalted butter. Let it melt.
11.Add 1 and 1/2 tablespoon garlic finely chopped.
12.Saute for a minute. Add 1 teaspoon parsely, 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, 1 teaspoon mixed herbs, 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder and salt to taste.
13.Give a quick saute.
14.Add reserved pasta cooked water and let it boil for a minute.
15.Add cooked spaghetti pasta.
16.Give a good toss. Mix it well.
17.Add 1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper and 2 tablespoon grated cheese. I used processed cheese.
18.Mix it well and switch off.
Spaghetti Pasta with butter garlic sauce is ready!
- Always cook spaghetti in a large pot of salty water. Cook until aldente or a bit tender as per your preference. But make sure its nonsticky after cooking. You can toss it in olive oil to avoid sticking.
- We have added salt while cooking spaghetti so add salt keeping that in mind to the sauce.
- While cooking spaghetti add little more salt than usual and do not overcook.
- Take care not to burn garlic it should be fried only till golden.
- Take care while cooking the sauce – do not burn the butter so be quick and tossing is the key here.
- Add vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, baby corn, corn or carrot etc.
- You can add spring onion for more flavour and crunch if you prefer. Substitute it with regular chopped onions too.
Serving & Storing Suggestion
Serve it hot with toasted bread or roasted chicken it tastes great on its own too. Spaghetti Pasta keeps well in room temperature only for a day. I would not recommend storing as it tastes best only when had fresh.
1.What’s the best pasta type for this recipe?
Any noodle variety pasta would be great for this recipe. Other that that you can use macroni pasta too.
2.How to thicken the sauce?
You can add fresh cream or more cheese to make it more thick and creamy. You can add half and half of cream and milk too.