This Raw Banana Porridge can be started for babies after 6 months.This porridge is very healthy and filling for babies.Nendran Banana / Ethaka powder porridge is a traditional baby food in Kerala,it is considered one of the best weight gaining porridge recipes.I got this powder and porridge recipe from my neighbour.
Raw Banana Porridge for Babies Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Raw Banana Porridge Mix – 2 heaped tsp
Water – about 3/4 cup
Unrefined Cane Sugar – 2 tsp
- Take cane sugar in a bowl,add water preferable hot water.
- Mix well,break the lumps and Set aside.Take porridge mix in a sauce pan, add water.
- Whisk it well.Now strain cane sugar mixture to remove impurities.
- Whisk it well.Till this stage do it off the stove.Now heat it up an cook in low flame.It will start to thicken as you can see.
- Cook in low flame till it reaches a thick porridge consistency,it should coat the laddle.At this stage switch off.
- Amma suggested to roast the powder for a while then add water and cook it so nowadays I am doing that.
- As we are making powder using raw banana, cook in sim for more time to avoid stomach upset.
- For sweetner, you can either add palm sugar or jaggery syrup too.
- You can even add karupatti(Palm Jaggery) syrup.
- You can even add a drop of ghee which is optional.