Homemade Rasam Powder Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Coriander seeds – 1 and 1/2 cups
Dried Red Chillies – 1/2 cup
Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
Jeera – 1/2 cup
Pepper Corns – 1/2 cup
- In a kadai – dry roast toor dal along with red chillies until golden brown,Set aside. Then add coriander seeds and roast till nice aroma comes,set aside.
- Then roast pepper corns, allow it to splutter, set aside then add jeera and roast till slightly browned and aroma comes.
- Allow all the ingredients to cool down then transfer the contents to a mixer.
- Grind it to a semi fine powder. Cool down completely.
Store in a clean dry airtight container and use it whenever you want to make rasam.
- Amma says roasting the ingredients gives a nice color and increases shelf life too.Grinding rasam powder little coarse gives a nice aroma.No oil needed whil roasting.
- The above quantity makes around 3 cups and it lasts upto 6-7 months for us as we dont make rasam often.
- Always use a clean dry spoon everytime.
- You can even use this powder for making any vegetable curries if you like peper jeera flavour.
- Make sure to cool down completely before you start grinding.
Tags: rasam powder,rasam powder recipe,rasam podi,homemade rasam powder,rasam powder recipe south indian,rasam powder ingredients,how to make rasam powder,how to make rasam podi,rasam podi recipe,homemade rasam podi,rasam recipes