Mango Milkshake is a flavourful, soothing & divinely delicious beverage made by blending mango with milk, sugar & flavours. Mango Milkshake is a refreshing drink that could be made in minutes and a great choice at parties. Mango Milkshake Recipe is presented in this post with step by step pictures & video.
Mango Milkshake is ought not to be missed during every mango season for its taste, easiness and storage. Mango Shake is favorite for kids & adults.
About Mango Milkshake
Mango Milkshake is a creamy, yummy blend of mango pulp, milk, sweetener & flavours. Mango Milkshake is a good alternate to tea during summer when there is a craving for something cool & juicy. Serve Mango Milkshake chilled as mango is at its best.
Mango Shake is an ideal choice of welcome drink to visitors at home & for parties. Mango Milkshake is a simple recipe that our kids can prepare to get the flavour of kitchen & cooking.
Mango Milkshake – Which mango to choose?
Mangoes are available in different varieties – Banganapalli, Alphonso, Himampasand, Senthuram, Nadu Salai, Neelam and lot more. Mango Milkshake can be made from all the varieties of Mangoes – however, Alphonso is the recommended variety for Milkshake & Juices as it is tasty, juicy and has appetizing dark orangish yellow color. If you prefer light colored shakes with mild sweetness, you can go with Banganapalli. I have tried with most of the above listed varieties of Mango and I found Alphonso to be the better of the lot for Milkshake & Juices.
Mango Milkshake – The best choice when mangoes are at its best & not
Mangoes tend to be sometimes slightly sour or does not taste sweet when consumed as it is. Mango Milkshake is my choice to enjoy mangoes at those circumstances just by adding sweetness & flavours accordingly.
Mango Milkshake – 3 versions
Mango Milkshake is presented in 3 versions in this post
- Mango Milkshake with icecream
- Mango Milkshake without icecream
- Vegan Mango Milkshake
The ratio of the milk slightly varies with & without ice cream and milk is replaced with coconut milk for the vegan option.
Mango Milkshake Ingredients
- Mangoes : Mangoes are seasonal and are available commonly in summer in India. Mangoes are to be enjoyed in the season as they are the tastier ones. Alphonso is the recommended variety for tasty, thicky & colourful juices & milkshakes – though you can make milkshake out of any variety of mango!
- Milk : Use any fresh milk boiled, cooled and chilled. Ice cream is optional and for a vegan drink, I have provided coconut milk as the substitute. For more vegan options, you can try with soy milk & almond milk.
- Sweetner : I have used regular white sugar for this recipe. You can try with honey, condensed milk, brown sugar & cane sugar – although they significantly impact the taste of the drink.
- Flavours : Garnishing with chopped nuts – say badam, pistachios and cashews will enrich the drink in taste & feel. Also Mango milkshake can be flavoured with cardamom powder if you prefer the flavour of cardamom.
Tried this Mango Milkshake Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
- 1 cup mangoes
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk boiled, cooled and chilled
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- few icecubes
- To a mixer jar add 1 cup roughly chopped mangoes and sugar.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups milk(boiled, cooled and chilled).
- Add few icecubes.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- The consistency is upto your preference. We like it slightly thick and not too runny like shown here. Adjust consistency accordingly by adding or reducing milk.
- Pour into serving glass and Serve.
- Mango Milkshake ready!
- Serve chilled!
Topings – Choose anyone of the options given below
- Nuts like almonds, cashwes or pistachios or a mix of chopped nuts.
- Whipped cream
- Chopped mangoes
- I like my milkshake to be thick, if you want it to be little runny then add 1/2 cup of milk more.
- Adding cardamom powder gives a good flavour , but its purely optional.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of the mango variety.
- Always use boiled, cooled and chilled milk.
Mango Milkshake Recipe Step by Step
1.To a mixer jar add 1 cup roughly chopped mangoes and sugar.
2.Add 1 and 1/2 cups milk(boiled, cooled and chilled).
3.Add few icecubes.
4.Blend until smooth and creamy.
5.The consistency is upto your preference. We like it slightly thick and not too runny like shown here. Adjust consistency accordingly by adding or reducing milk.
6.Pour into serving glass and Serve.
7.Mango Milkshake ready! Serve chilled.
- I like my milkshake to be slightly thick, if you want it to be little runny then add 1/2 cup of milk more.
- Adding cardamom powder gives a good flavour, but it’s purely optional.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of the mango variety.
- Always use chilled milk.
- You can add icecream while making the shake but make sure to add mango icecream else the mango flavour will be very mild. If adding 2 scoops of icecream add only 1 cup milk.
Serving & Storage Suggestions
Mango Milkshake can be enjoyed for 2 days by storing in a refrigerator although it gets usually emptied on the same day of making!
Enjoy Mango Milkshake any time of the day with any meal or as a drink! Recommend not consume chilled during night as it may cause throat pain or cold.
Mango Milkshake is a drink that has to be tried with lot of variations.Try the below variations of Mango Milkshake apart from with & without ice cream & vegan option published.
- You can add thick curd / yoghurt instead of milk to make a smoothie
- You can garnish with finely chopped pistachios, badam& almond
- You can blend fig, dates to make a blend of a shake
- For more vegan options, you can try with soy milk & almond milk.
1.What is Mango Milkshake?
Mango Milkshake is a flavourful, creamy & yummy beverage made by blending mango with milk, sugar & flavours.
2.Which variety of Mango to choose for Mango Milkshake?
Milkshake can be made out of any variety of Mango although Alphonso is the recommended variety for its taste, color & feel.
3.Can I make milkshake without ice cream & nuts?
Ice cream & nuts are optional and Mango Milkshake tastes great when served chilled if you are not adding ice cream.
4.Can I add more milk as I am preparing it in large quantity for party?
Yes very much – however the larger you add, it will become flavoured milk rather than a mango shake.
5.My mangoes are sour & not sweet – Can I still use for making milkshake?
Yes milkshake is the best option when the mango is not at its best. Use sweetener & flavours additionally to make Mango Milkshake great!
Vegan Mango Milkshake
Vegan mango milkshake recipe a creamy shake with coconut milk replacing milk and adding cashewnuts. Vegan mango milkshake recipe with step by step pictures.
- 1 cup mangoes roughly chopped
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1/4 cup thin coconut milk
- 4 nos cashews whole
- 2 teaspoon sugar (I used cane sugar)
- 5 nos ice cubes
- nuts chopped for garnish
Vegan Mango Milkshake Step by Step
1.To a mixer jar add 1 cup chopped mangoes.
2.Add 1 cup thick coconut milk and 1/4 cup thin coconut milk.
3.Add 4 nos whole cashews.
4.Add 2 teaspoon sugar. I used cane sugar you can use regular sugar too.
5.Add few icecubes.
6.Now all ready tp blend together.
7.Blend until smooth and creamy.
Vegan Mango Milkshake ready.
Mango Milkshake with Icecream
This Mango Milkshake Recipe is quick and one of the easiest.Because it uses just 2 ingredients mango icecream and milk.
The ones I have tasted in restaurants use this method of making mango milkshake with icecream.I made mango icecream few days back and it is one of the best icecreams I made this summer….so creamy and yummy just the way I wanted.I will be posting the recipe soon.
- 2 big scoops Mango Icecream
- 1 cup chilled milk
- chocolate shavings or sprinkles for garnish
Step by Step
- I used homemade mango icecream.Take 2 big scoops in a mixer jar.
- Add chilled milk. I did not add sugar but if you want you can add. Now blend it well until frothy and creamy.Pour in serving glass and serve.