Pudhina Thogayal Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Mint leaves – 1 cup
Red chillies- 4
Urad Dal – 2 tbsp
Tamarind – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Roast urad dal, red chillies until golden brown, add tamarind. Rinse the mint leaves well to get rid of the dirt and add it.
- Saute along with other ingredients till the leaves reduces in volume. Cool down and grind it with little water to a thick paste to a thogayal consistency.Add required salt and mix well.
Store this in airtight container and consume it within 4-5 days.
- This is mildy spicy if you prefer add more red chillies.
- You can store it in fridge after 2 days.
- If you prefer to consume it within a day then you can use 1 tbsp of coconut.
- Add sesame oil(nalennai) while serving it with rice.