Today lets learn how to make poori masala recipe….
Potato Masala Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main / Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Potato – 5(3 small and 2 big)
Onion -1 medium sized chopped finely
Tomato – 1 small chopped roughly
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal / Channa Dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece
Green chillies – 1 chopped roughly
- Pressure cook potatoes with water until soft. Cool it, peel off the skin and mash it up roughly. Keep aside.Take little and mash it up well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal allow it to crackle then add curry leaves,ginger and green chillies fry for a minute. Then add onion saute till slightly browned.Then add tomato and saute till tomatoes raw smell leaves.
- Add mashed potatoes along with turmeric powder.Mix well.
- Add 1 cup water, required salt and allow it to boil..
- Whil cooking,mash with the laddle.Allow it to get nicely blended when it all comes together as a mass to a semi thick consistency,switch off.
Your potato masala is ready now. You can pair with pooris or use the masal for masala dosai.
- If you prefer you can add a tsp of gram flour to make the masal thick.
- You can also add a tsp of finely chopped ginger while tempering. It not only enhances the flavour it also helps for digestion and gastric issues.
- You can skip tomato and add veggies like peas, carrot etc.
- Adjust water quantity according to the thickness of the curry.