Orange muffins a fluffy versatile muffin with delicate flavour of citrus that comes from fresh orange juice and zest.
Orange muffins recipe with step by step pictures and video. Muffins has always been my favorite as they are frosting free but still tastes delicious. This orange flavoured muffins tastes so good that you can’t stop with one for sure especially kids.
I have tried many muffins with different flavours and loved each one of them . I have already tried an eggless version of bundt orange cake years back and absolutely loved it for the flavour. So when I saw this recipe wanted to try it badly. And here is my take on a super fluffy soft orange muffins recipe. This time I didnt experiment much just few variations here and there from the orginal recipe I referred.
The citrus punch in this recipe is a must try for all orange flavour lovers.
Fresh orange muffins recipe :
This is fairly simple. To begin with first just gather, mix the dry ingredients first set aside. Then mix all the wet ingredients, add dry ingredients into it. Gently mix without lumps add orange zest. Pour into muffin liners till 3/4th and bake in preheated oven. Soft and fluffy orange muffins ready in minutes.
- You can add 1/2 tsp vanilla essence to the batter. Vanilla and oranges are a great combo.
- Add chopped nuts, raisins, cranberries etc.
- In addition you can even little toasted coconut for a nutty flavour.
- Use half and half of white flour and wheat flour for a more healthier version.
- You can replace castor sugar with regular crystallized sugar too.
- For 1 egg replacement use 1/4 cup curd.
Kids love all my homemade goodies esepecially baked and muffins are their favorite ofcourse after cookies.
Orange muffins are:
- fluffy and soft
- extremly delicious without topping
- fresh and flavourful
Serving and storage:
- These orange muffins are extremely delicious on its own but if you prefer you can sprinkle little orange zest on top.
- You can even add chocolate sauce while serving as chocolate and orange flavour is a deadly combo.
- You can even add a simple orange glaze by mixing fresh orange juice, zest along with icing sugar.
- Muffins are best when fresh. However you can store these muffins in a clean dry container in room temperature for abour 2 days. Cling wrap and store to seal the freshness.
More related recipes:
- Orange carrot popsicles
- Vanilla muffins
- Orange mini bundt cake
- Whole wheat jaggery muffins
- Almond muffins
Tried this orange muffins recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
Orange muffins recipe
- 1 cup maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- To begin with first add all the dry ingredients listed to a mixing bowl.
- Mix it well with a whisk and set aside.
- To another mixing bowl - add an egg, oil and fresh orange juice.
- Mix it well using a whisk.
- Mix it well using a whisk.
- Add castor sugar to it.Mix it well until sugar dissolves completely.
- Now add in dry ingredients.
- Mix gently to make a batter. Now finally add orange zest.
- Give a quick mix.
- Scoop out the batter using an icecream scooper.
- Add to muffin liner leaving some space on top for it to rise.
- I got 7 muffins. Preheat oven at 190 deg C for 10 mins.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190 deg C for 20-22 mins. Orange muffins are ready!
- Let it cool in wire rack. Then enjoy or store.
- Orange muffins ready to be enjoyed!
You can replace oil with butter.
I used regular cooking oil.
I used freshly squeezed orange juice which is best for these muffins.
I did not have a zester so used my mini grater hence the mushy squishy orange zest. 🙂
Orange muffins recipe video
How to make orange muffins recipe:
1. To begin with first add all the dry ingredients listed to a mixing bowl.
2.Mix it well with a whisk and set aside.
3.After that to another mixing bowl – add an egg, oil and fresh orange juice.
4.Mix it well using a whisk.
5.Add castor sugar to it.Mix it well until sugar dissolves completely.
6.Now add in dry ingredients.
7.Mix gently to make a batter. Now finally add orange zest.
8.Give a quick mix.
9.Scoop out the batter using an icecream scooper.
10.Add to muffin liner leaving some space on top for it to rise.
11.I got 7 muffins. Preheat oven at 190 deg C for 10 mins.
12.Bake in preheated oven at 190 deg C for 20-22 mins. Orange muffins are ready!
13.Let it cool in wire rack. Then enjoy or store.
And finally orange muffins ready to be enjoyed!
My tips while making orange muffins recipe:
- If you are adding any topping or glaze make sure to cool the muffins completely.
- You can replace oil with butter.
- I used regular cooking oil.
- I used freshly squeezed orange juice which is best for these muffins.
- In addition add a tsp of vanilla essence if you prefer.
- I did not have a zester so used my mini grater hence the mushy squishy orange zest. 🙂
- The muffins rise a bit so leave space accordingly otherwise the batter will overflow.